Friday, December 25, 2009

Sycamore Street Press

Sycamore Street Press from Timothy Koide on Vimeo.


Kirk and Eva, those two names roll off the tongue so naturally in tandem. Together they have started a business, honest in its intentions, sincere in its articulation, and just plain great. They are called Sycamore Street Press, and their work is fantastic. I was able to catch up with them, for the first time in years, during their visit to several craft fairs in San Francisco. I am happy that I did.

Although I could write plenty about what they are doing, I will let the video, or rather Eva, do the talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why tell our stories?

Telling stories is a tremendous validation of the vitality and importance of each one of our lives. The oral traditions of many societies throughout time have been the primary vehicle for cultural transference. It is an incredibly powerful tool, and one that I have never overlooked. I consider myself a storyteller--and I often find that I am telling other people's stories. So, why not create a forum, like so many others have done, to do that?

In thinking about our friends, family, and ethereal wanderings in the abstract, we realize that our comprehensive life experiences are worth documenting. The purpose of the discourse on this blog is simple and indulgent--but not selfishly so. We want to glorify the everyday (and not so everyday) experiences that each of us traverse so that we can look forward to each and every simple day in the future.